Head of Group Control - (€150K - €200K) CLOSED
Our client, headquartered in Amsterdam, is a renowned Pan-European investment management company specialised in retail real estate.
This privately owned company targets Europe’s most attractive urban retail destinations and aims to create more interesting places in which to live, work and shop. Their specialist investment strategies, local real estate knowledge and the scale of their platform enable the company to create value for both retail customers and investor clients.
You’ll be working amidst highly-experienced professionals who purchase, develop, let and manage properties, ensuring that the portfolios optimally reflect the needs of the company’s clients. Long term investments, quality and sustainability are key in their strategy. The company currently has 324 assets under management with a total portfolio of about 7.5 billion EUR.
Head of Group Control
This position is responsible for heading up a team of 6 finance professionals, managing/ owning the planning & control proces, fund analysis and communication to all internal and external parties involved in this process. The challenge of this role will be to enhance quality/ further professionalize the finance organization (people, process, digitalization and analysis) at group level and above all to enhance the involvement of all internal (country Finance Directors/ Board) and external parties (Swiss holding and external fund stakeholders) in this process.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead, engage and develop a team of 6 professionals.
- Responsible for complete, timely and accurate IFRS driven management, investor, financial, management and ad-hoc reporting to the Board, Exco and investors.
- The responsibility includes all financial statements line-items, including tax accounting.
- Be the center of accounting (IFRS) expertise for the organization and maintain and improve accounting treatments and applications.
- Responsible for the financial controlling and management, statutory and compliance reporting of the Dutch legal entities at Corporate Services
- Responsible for coordinating the full planning and control cycle of all investment funds as well as its management organization.
- Responsible for the coordination and communication of the Group Control team to all relevant departments, including the IT department, FuM team and Country Finance teams regarding financial processes, accounting and reporting topics, process and system topics, quality assurance topics, etc.. This includes organizing monthly FD team meetings, annual Finance Community Training
- Responsible for efficient and effective systems and processes of accounting & reporting throughout the group, including effective SoD throughout the Group, effective internal controls and risk management for financial reporting, effective quality assurance process for all reports.
- Work effectively with the all departments within Corporate Services to optimize the reporting process of non-financial data (CR, R&S, CC, HR, etc).
- Responsible for the relationship with the group auditor, coordinating the external audit requirements for all funds, including agreeing the annual audit fees for all funds.
- Manage the valuation process and maintain governance of valuation process.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality and timing of management, investor, financial and ad-hoc reporting.
- Quality and timing of coordination and communication with stakeholders.
- Compliance with reporting requirements.
- Performance and motivation of (local) finance team.
- Board, Exco and specifically country CFO's.
- Fund Directors, Fund Management Team and Corporate Services departments.
- Local Finance Directors and their teams.
- Swiss holding and external investors.
- External Parties, mainly external auditor.
To perform this job successfully, you are expected to have the following requirements.
- Degree in economics at WO/ Master level (preferably RA/ CPA/ ACCA).
- Relevant working experience (preferably with a B4 background and extensive reporting skills).
- Minimum of approximately. 15 years of relevant working experience with people, process and digitalization in an international setting.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- Management capabilities, excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (business language) and Dutch (work-floor language).
- Good team player as well as independently functioning (self-starter)
- Critical, accurate, service minded and a flexible attitude.