Financial Controller BIOTECH - OPEN
Our client is a Dutch biotechnology company based in the Leiden region. This company has just raised over e50 million from several VC organizations to build an organization that is developing a drug for a specific disease. The business goal is an exit through IPO or strategic sale.
More information will be given in a personal meeting.
This position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth financial services to the entire group of entities. This role is based in the heart of biotech in Leiden, The Netherlands, and reports as 2nd in command to the Finance Director.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Compiling consolidated IFRS financial statements (which will be audited)
- Compiling the quarterly consolidated IFRS quarterly financial statements (which will be reviewed)
- Compiling the Dutch GAAP statutory financial statements for the three Dutch entities
- Coordinating the compilation of the US GAAP statutory financial statements for the US entity, and Swiss GAAP statutory financial statements for the Swiss entity.
- Reviewing the audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP
- Monitoring and analysing actuals result of the Pharvaris Group, by performing monthly analyses on balance sheet specifications, P&L and cashflow forecast.
- Assisting in month end closing process, and review on payments
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Facilitating internal and external audits, including but not limited to IFRS and local statutory financial statements, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
- Supporting the finance function to become compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley and IFRS IASB reporting requirements and other requirements for possible next financing rounds.
To be successful in this role you are a result drive self-starting oriented finance professional with a can-do mentality. Due to the entrepreneurial culture of this biotech company you are open-minded and a creative problem solver with a pragmatic approach and a conceptual mind.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Accounting or Business Administration, preferably with a CPA/RA qualification
- 6+ years of relevant experience in an international organization.
- Experience with Accounting Principles (IFRS, Dutch GAAP, US GAAP and preferably Swiss GAAP) and procedures.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Affinity with Exact On-line and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in business English (absolute must)
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks.