Finance Director Biotech - VERVULD
Our client is a Dutch biotechnology company based in the Leiden region. This company has just raised over e50 million from several VC organizations to build an organization that is developing a drug for a specific disease. The business goal is an exit through IPO or strategic sale.
More information will be given in a personal meeting.
The finance director will be responsible for whole accounting and reporting and underlying processes. The finance director will execute the monthly financial closing process.
Basic Responsibilities and Objectives Include:
- Responsible for the financial closing process (IFRS)
- Responsibility for the company complying with all financial laws, requirements and regulations
- Responsibility for setting up an AO/IC
- Manage and participate in the accounting cycle and the preparation of financial documents/statements
- Prepares and records manual journal entries
- Assuring accuracy of the general ledger
- Assuring accuracy of AP process
- Prepares and files VAT and CIT
- Contributes to various projects when expertise and/or capacity are needed
- Managing and building a team
- Building relationship with all relevant stakeholders to this role
To perform this job successfully, the preferred candidate must be able to perform each basic responsibility satisfactorily and meet education and experience requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting required, preferably with an accountancy qualification (RA/ CPA or ACCA)
- 10+ years related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Accounting and Tax
- Software knowledge: MS Office (emphasis on Excel) and Exact (Online)
- The understanding of working for a start-up (hands-on, pragmatic but at the same time an eye for the bigger picture and the near future, conceptual)
- Communicative and above all the seniority to find your way in all responsibilities
- The candidate has good knowledge of the English and Dutch language, both written and spoken