Director of Finance in de Biotech
Our client is an international Biotech company with a focus on R&D and in the proces of building an organization (scale up) to sell their first product.
The company is in a critical phase with tremendous opportunities to build the finance function as it proceeds with clinical trails, builds manufacturing operations and prepares for a commercial launch to bring this treatment to patients.
Several scenarios are possible but one thing is certain ... it is an interesting ride!
More information will be given in a personal meeting.
Director of Finance
In this role you are responsible for professionalizing, managing and leading the accounting function of the company, as well as being responsible for the financial reporting services, internal controls and providing solutions on accounting topics to other departments.
Areas of full responsibility
- Managing a team of 4 (expected to change) and reporting to VP Finance.
- Responsible for month, quarter and year end closing and preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- Responsible for external reporting process.
- Ensures that audits performed by external auditor are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Implementing/ maintaining internal control framework.
- Providing consolidated financial information for the internal financial reporting (management reporting).
Areas of support
- Act as the right hand to the VP Finance.
- Provides ad hoc support to the VP Finance in finance matters.
- Assist Finance with the planning & control cycle (on an ad hoc basis).
- Co-writing external financial reports (interim and annual reports).
- Involvement in 'building' Financial Control/ FP&A.
- Managing day-to-day operations of finance department.
- External reporting.
- Coordinating of audits and reviews performed by external auditors.
- Keeping up-to-date with regulations and standards (IFRS, tax, etc.).
- Writing, reviewing and adjusting SOP's policies for Finance.
- Implementing and/or maintaining internal financial reporting framework.
To perform this job successfully, you are expected to have the following requirements.
- Degree in economics at WO/ Master level (preferably RA/ CPA/ ACCA).
- Relevant working experience (preferably within B4, international practice).
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Good skills in IT (Excel) is required.
- Management capabilities, excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (business language) and Dutch (work-floor language).
- Good team player as well as independently functioning (self-starter)
- Critical, accurate, service minded and a flexible attitude.
Above all you need to have a genuine interest / curiosity in this fascinating type of industry.